On November 24th, 1958, 21 local hams held the first SARC meeting at the home of K7ASK. In 1962 the club became incorporated as a 501 c3 non-profit organization specializing in amateur radio education and gaining knowledge of radio electronics.
The club currently meets at the Scottsdale Granite Reef Senior Center, 1700 N Granite Reef, just North of the McDowell, the first Wednesday of the Month at 7:00 pm.
A weekly net is held on Tuesdays at 7:00 pm on the club repeaters (147.180 + offset, Tone of 162.2. or 440.000 + offset, Tone of 100.) The net provides club information and allows you to test your gear and skill as an operator.
The club has three major annual events. They are the annual Christmas Party held the first Wednesday in December(in place of the monthly meeting) at the Scottsdale Community College Culinary Institute. Spring Fest (held the third Saturday in March) and Field Day.
We have many other HAM related events like:
- SOTA activations and chasing
- HIP (HAM Radio in the Park)
- DX HF operations
- Trail Runs and events with 4x4ham
- VHF/UHF or HF operations while Biking, Hiking or Camping.
- Satellite Operations and APRS
- Supporting events for MCECG.org
2017 Field Day
ARRL Field Day Page: http://www.arrl.org/field-day
• The 4th full weekend of June.
• June 24 @ 7AM – June 25 @ 1;00PM
• Camp Friday and Saturday nights
• HWY 87 to FR300/FR218
• Milk Ranch Point on the Mogollon Rim
• Directions to FD site: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Scottsdale,+Arizona/34.4395,-email@example.com,-111.877084,151401m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!4m7!1m5!1m1!1s0x872b08d9a7772c97:0x26d2e412188fe618!2m2!1d-111.9260519!2d33.4941704!1m0
• To work as many stations as possible on any and all amateur bands (excluding the 60, 30, 17, and 12-meter bands) and to learn to operate in abnormal situations in less than optimal conditions. Field Day is open to all amateurs in the areas covered by the ARRL/RAC Field Organizations and countries within IARU Region 2.
4×4 Ham OBJECTIVE:
• Escape the Phoenix heat! 112 degrees or 82 degrees, you choose.
• Camp out on the Mogollon Rim.
• Socialize and get to know other hams.
• Show and tell. Radio installations, 4×4 mods, antennas, etc.
• Testing Session Saturday at 9am.
• Pot luck meal Saturday night.
• Family friendly camp.
• Eat BACON!!!
Get on the air:
• We will have enough Extra class operators on site to act as control operator all weekend. What does this mean? Any Technician, General, or even someone without a license can use the radio with Extra privileges on HF under their supervision. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about ham radio and get your feet wet.
VE Testing Session
• 9am, Saturday, June 24th
• Test for Technician, General, Extra
• FREE, test session held by Phoenix Amateur Radio Team – http://www.phxham.com/
• Pass your test on Saturday, have your license monday or Tuesday
• Saturday, June 24th, around 6pm.
• Scottsdale ARC is providing meat, bring a side or dessert.
See past field day photos at: http://www.4x4ham.com/forumdisplay.php?54-W7AZO-4×4-Ham-Field-Day